Published on May 22nd, 2013 | by Kirsten Borrink2
Bella Vita Judie Wedge
Bella-Vita Judie courtesy of Bella-Vita
If you've been on Pinterest for any length of time, no doubt you've come across burlap rosettes…on everything. I tried in vain to make myself a wreath of those little purdies, but burned my thigh with the glue gun in the process. The end result belongs on Craftfail.com.
Thanks to the Bella-Vita Judie, you too can have Pinterest-worthy rosettes atop a comfortable, stylish wedge sandal.
What I like about the Bella-Vita Judie:
- The cutaway vamp allows for my high instep.
- Heel height comes in 2 3/4" which is manageable in short stints.
- Elasticized heel strap keeps the shoe snug.
- Versatile. I can wear it with skirts, dresses, capris and jeans.
- No buckles or velcro straps–easy-on, easy-off.
- I love the crisp, woven upper for warmer months.
A word about fit:
I wear either a 9.5 or 10 depending on the shoe, but definitely needed the 10 in these. If you're between sizes, order up. I feel the Judie runs slightly narrow as it fits a little too snug around the bunions. I might have done better with a 10 wide in these (they come in four widths). So if you have a wider forefoot than heel, you may want to consider a wide width.
Where to buy the Bella-Vita Judie (sizes 5-12, four widths):
- Shoebuy: $73.99, free shipping and returns.
- FootSmart: $79.95. free shipping.
- Amazon: $69.39-80, free shipping/special offers.