Dansko Kylee boots from the Arcadia collection courtesy of Dansko.com
Our first measurable snow fell across Chicagoland last night. You would have thought it was Christmas morning the way the kids bounded into our room at 6:53 am demanding we throw open the curtains and appreciate it with them. They quickly pulled the tags off their new snow pants and were suited for a snowball fight before we even took our first sip of morning coffee. And then I remembered, "Hey! I have some new boots to model!" Please understand I use the term "model" loosely.
I'm happy to recommend the Dansko Kylee boot as a holiday gift for yourself or:
- Aunt Alice who can't find a pair of comfortable boots with arch support.
- Cousin Olive who wears custom orthotics. They Kylee's already supportive footbed is removable!
- Teacher Tina who could use a boot with all-day comfort that won't overheat her feet. The Kylee doesn't smother with Ugg-ish fuzz and fur, yet is roomy enough for a pair of warm socks if needed. Plus, the Dri-lex socklining is anti-microbial, anti-odor. And if Tina commutes, she'll be thrilled with the waterproof nubuck upper and non-slip rubber sole.
- Student Sally who's studying podiatry. The Kylee carries the honorable Seal of Acceptance from the APMA (American Podiatric Medical Association).
Other features I love about the Kylee:
- Knit lining peeks over the top and can be folded over for a new look.
- Room for toes=increased circulation.
- Runs true to size. The size 40 fits my 9.5-10 size foot perfectly. Best for medium to slightly wide feet.
My only complaint is the side zipper doesn't come all the way to the top of the boot and is little bit difficult to put on. This may be due to arthritic conditions in my instep that make it difficult to bend/point foot down into boot.
The Kylee from the Arcadia collection is just one of many terrific gift ideas from Dansko. While you keep the word "free Danskos" mulling around in your mind, consider these collections:
- Dansko Professional clogs in tradional black, funky zebra, or holiday sequins. The Professional is classically styled and features Dansko signature rocker sole.
- Dansko Rio collection: Just the shoe for the fashionista in your family. These wooden bottom clogs are hot, hot, hot!
- Dansko Vegan clogs: all the comfort and support of the Professional made from animal-friendly materials.
- Walden Men's collection: Dansko has a great new men’s collection featuring a triple-density removable footbed, slip resistant outsole and rugged full grain leathers.
- Perfect Stocking Stuffer: Dansko Coolmax® Ecomade socks. Not only are these socks made from recycled water bottles, they are full of support measures like moisture wicking properties, arch support and extra padding at the toes and heel. Check out the Safari line of zebra-striped and leopard-spotted socks.
- Finally for that someone special—Dansko’s Miracle boot, the Brielle. Calf-high full leather slouch boot on a very wearable 2 ¾” heel. This boot can be worn with skirts, leggings, skinny jeans, dresses—you name it. It is the perfect addition to any winter closet!
Who on YOUR list would love a pair of Dansko shoes, boots or socks? Leave a comment below and let us know which style you'd give and why.
One winner will be chosen at random to receive a pair of Dansko shoes. All entries must be submitted by Monday, Dec. 13th 10 pm CST.