Published on November 10th, 2009 | by Kirsten Borrink5
Comfortable Women’s Shoes | Reader Question: Dress Shoes with Wider Toe Box
Your blog is an amazing resource. Thank you so much for the great reviews and information!
I've recently given up on wearing shoes that are too tight. I struggle with the wide toe box/narrow heel problem. Wide shoes slip off, and regular shoes pinch my feet (even Sofft’s are usually too narrow). I don't have painful problems yet, but I've decided I don't want to run the risk by wearing tight-toe shoes anymore.
I have a few shoes I love, Dansko's with buckles to keep them on, Ariat clogs, and one pair of Keen boots. Your "Roomy Toe Box Shoes" category has some great fun shoes, but I'm having trouble finding just what I'm looking for: something dressy and sexy enough to wear with a little black skirt and go dancing, or to a very fancy dinner. Heels are fine, and even preferred, but suede is my nemesis.
Hope you can help!
Thanks for the kind words and I sure hope I can help you find a dressy, sexy shoe that won't pinch your toes while staying put on your foot.
- Born Makenna: Dress them up or down. Born tends to run slightly wide, but with the instep strap, these should stay put. Only two customer reviews, but both great.
- Bella-Vita Talent: I love the look of this shoe. I've read that this brand has an accommodating toe box for a heel. Also comes in 4 widths. Some customers say heel is too wide. Maybe try Heavenly Heelz?
- J-41 Fabulous–very cute, but maybe too cute? Great reviews. J-41 usually runs 1/2 size small. I also find the toe box to be wide enough, but sometimes too short for long toes!
- Ros Hommerson Chili–RH shoes are usually quite orthopedic looking, but the "red" collection are anything but! Rounded toe, instep strap, good reviews.
- Clark's Shire Town: Lower kitten heel, but very classy in black patent. Great reviews.
- Indigo (by Clark's) Musing: Indigo is known for their rounded toe styles and nicely cushioned footbed.
If I come across more ideas, I'll forward them on to you!
Kirsten at BarkingDogShoes.com
Hermione ended up ordering the Born Makenna and the Aravon Mia (a shoe I had reviewed last year). The Mia was a great choice as it has a wide toe box and narrow heel with an instep strap. Aravon (a New Balance company) has an updated style called the Maya that comes in pretty metallic leathers. I'm hoping they work out for her! Stay tuned…