Published on February 28th, 2011 | by Kirsten Borrink6
“Free As A Bird” – 4 Beautiful Fidji Shoes (from Portugal)
Fidji shoes from Portugal were introduced to me from BarkingDogShoes reader, Nancy –Muito obrigada. And as their website explains the soul of this up and coming brand, “we enjoy days and nights, we cry and smile – we are human and free as a bird.” This mantra comes out in everything they design.
Fidji Shoes – another comfort brand from Europe
The Iberian peninsula is now responsible for 4/5 of my Euro-comfort shoe obsession: El Naturalista and Pikolinos from Spain make up 2/5, Portuguese Dromedaris and Fidji for 2/5, and the last fifth goes to Wolky from Holland.
Perhaps it was the principle of scarcity that kept me hunting high and low for online retailers in the United States that carry Fidji. Nordstrom and Village Shoes have a respectable collection, but I wanted this brand to go mainstream. Every woman in search of gorgeous shoes that deliver on comfort needed to know about this brand.
A week ago, I was searching new arrivals at Amazon when I saw a slew of beautiful shoes parade across the screen. Que surpresa! Criss-cross straps, soft Italian leathers, vibrant hues, metal stud detailing…muito bonito! Walkable two-inch heels, lightly cushioned footbeds, flexible outsoles. Que confortável!
- Might be helpful to order two sizes; your regular size and one size up. I’ve read they run small. Just send back the pair that doesn’t fit and take advantage of that free return shipping.
- Generous toe box for a dress shoe. One woman comments that she has a wider forefoot due to bunions and finds Fidji shoes very accommodating.
- Soft leathers conform to foot.
- Styles with velcro straps and laces allow for custom fit across instep.
- Fit narrow to medium width feet best.
I’m anxious to hear from you. Do you own a pair of Fidji shoes? How do they fit and feel?