Published on April 29th, 2011 | by Kirsten Borrink3
Closed-Toe Dress Shoes for Summer
Exposed toes. Does your workplace have a welcoming or prohibitive policy on the type of footwear allowed in the office? Or perhaps you have toe insecurity due to any number of afflictions from chipped polish to, horror of horrors– toenail fungus. There. I said it. Let’s move on.
I present to you six stylish yet comfortable closed-toe shoes. Shove the basic black pumps to the back of the closet and brighten up your summer wardrobe with a new color or style.
1. Sergio Tomani Yegua: The first Colombian brand ever featured on Barking Dog Shoes. Sergio Tomani features natural rubber soles, eco-friendly production, soft leathers and removable cushioned insoles. Reviews are difficult to find online as the brand is not widely distributed in the United States. The few that I read are positive for comfort. Price range: $99-160. Available at PegasusShoes.com.
2. Clark’s Class Grace: Cut-outs give a breezy feel to this vintage-inspired d’Orsay pump. Features a foam-padded footbed and manageable 2 1/2″ heel. Available for $89.99 at Zappos and OnlineShoes.com.
3. Pikolinos Turin Oxford: When was the last time you looked at Pikolinos? Ok, when was the FIRST time? Now? Spanish eco-friendly brand Pikolinos has come a long way in the style department in the last few years. These are just downright pretty with the floral cut-outs and hand-crafted detailing. Soft vegetable-tanned leathers, a round toe and cushioned, anatomical footbeds make the Turin a true all-day comfort shoe.
4. Miz Mooz Enya: You’ll be hard pressed to find a basic black pump by Miz Mooz. Not generally known as a comfort brand, yet most styles feature round toe boxes, walkable wedge heels and lightly padded footbeds. Available at Infinity Shoes or find a dealer near you.
5. Jambu Mumbai: When I think of cute shoes, Jambu always comes to mind. But I’ve always found the toebox to run short. If you’ve got short toes, well, this is your shoe.$153 at Zappos or find a dealer near you.
6. Rieker Federica 12: Another brand to check out if you haven’t in a while. Dress them up, dress them down, wear ’em around the town. The Antistress footbed is gloriously comfortable! $120 at Zappos.
Congratulations to Cathi who won the $100 gift certificate to ClogOutlet.com!