Published on February 26th, 2013 | by Kirsten Borrink4
10 Naturally Comfortable Shoes for Spring 2013
If you live north of the Mason-Dixon line, there may still be snow on the ground, but I bet you’re tiring of gray, red, black and brown. March is right around the corner and thoughts turn to happy colors like citrus orange, lemon yellow and pistachio green. But if you’re going to invest in a quality pair of comfortable shoes, natural tones are the way to go: beige, taupe, nude, tan, and sand. Here are 10 of my favorite styles of footwear for Spring 2013 in go-with-everything natural hues.
2. Earthies Caradonna: If you’ve been graced with dainty ankles, why not show them off in this ornate wedge by Earthies? An anatomic arch and deep heel cup cradles and supports the foot better than most 2 3/4″ heels. $169 at Zappos, free shipping both ways.
3. Dansko Thea: In my opinion, this is the most stylish Dansko to date. More narrow than the traditional Dankso Professional and higher too (2 1/2″ heel with 3/4″ platform, the Thea features a wood sole and a soft, cushioned footbed. $130 at Zappos.
4. Taos Carousel: A fashionable wedge with adjustability at the forefoot and instep. Cover the bunions in style! The lightweight anatomical cork footbed provides good support. $150 at Zappos, free shipping both ways.
5. Clark’s Zaya Path: An Ortholite foam/latex cushioned footbed, soft leather, and manageable 2 1/2″ heel make the Zaya Path a comfortable casual dress pump for spring. $110 at Zappos, free shipping both ways.
6. Ecco Sculptured 65 II: A mod twist on the classic penny loafer with a comfort foam footbed, shock-absorbing outsole and rounded toe. $140 at Zappos, free shipping both ways.
7. Gentle Souls Lily Moon: Proof that feminine, foot-flattering shoes with only a 1 1/2″ heel do exist. The Lily Moon features a memory foam cushioned footbed and soft deerskin leather lining. $195 at Zappos.
8. Fidji G970: A comfort pump with European flair. Made in Portugal with a lightly padded footbed and soft leather uppers. We initially highlighted Fidji shoes on this post and readers love them. Stacked 1 1/2″ heel. $189 at Zappos.
10. Naot Gallus: From Naot’s Impulse collection of 3″ wedge heels (with 1 1/4″ platform). The Gallus best fits narrow to medium widths. An anatomical cork and latex footbed molds to the shape of the foot. $165 at Zappos.
Which one’s your favorite? Leave a comment and let us know!