Published on June 26th, 2013 | by Kirsten Borrink3
Comfortable Closed-Toe Sandals
Whatever your reasons are for wanting your toes covered in summertime (job dress code, toe insecurity, no time for a pedicure…), I’ve got eight recommendations ranging from casual to dress sandals. Take a look!
1. Born Kaina: A new style by Born, the Kaina features a wide toe box, adjustable buckle, steel shank for support and a 3/4″ heel. Whole sizes 6-11, medium width. $99.95 at OnlineShoes.com with free shipping and exchanges.
2. Pikolinos Puerto Vallarta: A hand-stitched sandal with and with gel and foam cushioned footbed. Fits a narrow to medium width foot best. $150 at Zappos, free shipping both ways. $148-155 at Amazon, free shipping and returns.
3. Naturalizer Cyrus: Comes in three widths, great reviews for all-day comfort. Adjustable heel strap, moderate arch support, wide toe box. Order down if between sizes. $52-70 at Amazon, free shipping; $59.99 at Shoebuy, free shipping and returns.
4. Josef Seibel Sunflower: Roomy fit, adjustable instep straps, modest arch support, accommodate a medium to slightly wide foot. If you need more arch support, try a pair of Dr. Scholl’s hidden arch supports. $110-125 at Amazon, free shipping and returns. $125 at Zappos, free shipping both ways.
6. Fly London Pank: Two-inch wedge heel with a 1/2″ platform, soft leather uppers, adjustable ankle strap. $162 at Amazon, free shipping.
7. Mariana Golc Sam: Hand-crafted in Brazil, the Mariana by Golc “Sam” features a 2 inch stacked heel and padded insole. $139.95 at Amazon, free shipping and returns. $145 with free shipping at Shoes.com and $149.95 with free shipping at DNAfootwear.com.
8. Ecco Omak Closed Toe: A classic T-bar sandal with a 3.5″ stacked heel, metal shank for support, and a leather sock lining on comfort foam footbed. $150 at Zappos, free shipping and returns. $105 at Amazon, free shipping and returns.