Published on October 3rd, 2013 | by Kirsten Borrink4
7 Comfortable Career Shoes | Stylish Pumps
Just because I wear casual “playground” shoes around town most days, doesn’t mean YOU do. You may be a corporate gal that appreciates a sophisticated heel, but every last one in your closet is a modern torture device–or a toe-ture device, if you will. It’s time to rid the shelves of the shoes of your youth. Here are seven foot-friendly desk-to-dinner shoes.
1. Rose Petals by Walking Cradles: This two-inch heel by comfort brand Walking Cradles features a Texon® insole: A durable fiberboard insole that adds supportive cushioning and forms to the shape of the foot. It also absorbs sweat to keep the interior of the shoe drier. I like how the vamp crosses the foot a little higher than most pumps which should eliminate needless toe cleavage. Good news for hard-to-fit feet–the Pepper style above comes in sizes 4-13, narrow to extra wide! $97.99 at Zappos, free shipping both ways, free shipping and exchanges. $104.95 at Shoebuy, free shipping and returns.
2. Earthies Mezzi: Do your heels slip out of pumps? Maybe what you need is instep security. Tie these pretties on nice and tight. Earthies provide excellent arch support and a cupped heel so toes shouldn’t slip forward. The Mezzi has a sturdy 2 1/4″ heel and comes in sizes 5-12, medium width. $179 at Zappos, free shipping both ways.
3. Clark’s Sage Elfin: I hesitated to post this shoe due to its pointy toe, but it’s so purdy. Pointed toes are rarely found on comfort shoes, so I’m interested to see reviews come in. The Sage Elfin features an Ortholite footbed for cushioning and a two inch heel. $109.99 at ClarksUSA.com, free shipping and returns. $110 at Zappos, free shipping and returns.
4. Rockport Total Motion Pump: A new collection from Rockport this fall, Total Motion footwear combines soft glove-like leathers with comfort technologies like a TPU (thermoplastic polyurethane) midsole plate for stability and adiPRENE® memory foam cushioning at the forefoot and heel. The Pump style has a three inch heel and comes in sizes 5-11, medium and wide widths. $139.95 at Nordstrom, free shipping and returns. $139.95 at Shoebuy, free shipping and returns, $140 at Zappos.
5. Everybody Cesta: I picked this pump because of its unique detailing, clean lines and understated femininity. It’s not necessarily a comfort brand, but Italian-designed Everybody footwear uses the softest glove leather for their uppers while incorporating lightly padded insoles and shock-absorbing outsoles. The Cesta runs a bit small, so order up if between sizes. $188.95 at Nordstrom.com, free shipping/free returns to store.
6. Hotter Donna: A vintage two-inch heel with a heavenly cushioned footbed. They’re selling out fast! Sizes 5-11 in medium and wide widths. $150 at HotterUSA.com (there’s usually a promo code on their home page for $10 off plus free shipping). Hotter offers free return shipping if you wish to exchange.
7. Trotters Olive: Well, hot-to-trot(ters), these are snazzy! Keep this beauty in mind for holiday parties and weddings. The Olive pump may have a three-inch heel, but the 1/2 inch platform eases the rise from toe to heel. Available in sizes 5-12 and three widths. $109 at Zappos, $95-109 at Amazon, free shipping and returns and $108 at Nordstrom.