Published on May 27th, 2014 | by Kirsten Borrink6
5 Comfortable, Stylish Gladiator Sandals 2014
A Facebook fan recently posted, “You recently reviewed Carlos by Carlos Santana “Kiara”, but I would love to see some reviews of other gladiator sandals.” Well, so would I! My search returned these five comfortable sandals with Greco-Roman flair. And don’t forget the Naot Dorith which is my personal favorite!
1. Sofft Bernia: Available in wide widths! The Bernia features a 1 1/4″ wedge heel, cushioned footbed and a heel zipper with goring for a secure fit. $98.95 at Zappos, $99.95 at Nordstrom, free shipping and returns.
2. Acorn Vista Wedge T-Strap: Soft nubuck upper, contoured footbed with heel cup and arch support. Available in whole sizes only. I did find this helpful review of the Vista Wedge T-Strap where the reader ordered the 9 for her 8.5 feet and found it worked out well. $86-99 at Amazon, $89.99 at Zappos, $79.99 at 6pm.com.
3. Earth Shell: This sleek sandal features a multi-density cushioned footbed, moderate arch support, back zipper and fits true to size. Great customer reviews. $79.99-90 at Amazon, free shipping and returns.
4. David Tate Scarlet: Available in four widths and extended sizes. Adjustable straps, memory foam footbed and shock-absorbing sole. Reviews suggest that the sandal runs a little large. $94.95 at Zappos, $99.95 at OnlineShoes.com.
5. BareTraps Reeta: Cute, comfy, affordable and comes in fun colors! The Baretraps Reeta gladiator offers soft leather uppers, cushioned insole, 1″ heel and a velcro closure at the ankle. $39.99-79.99 at Amazon, $48.30 at 6pm.com, $59.95 at Shoemall.