Published on September 24th, 2015 | by Kirsten Borrink14
Stylish Shoes for Bunions | Part 1
Sure, there’s the high and wide toe box of the Dansko, the soft leather uppers of Naot and the allover orthopedic goodness of Finn Comfort, but I’ve heard you, younger readers. You have early bunion onset and can’t bear to settle for footwear that may age you by two decades or more. Let’s get started with five options for you.
- Top photo: Bussola Coimbra ankle boot. With on-trend colors of cabernet and coal and a pleated vamp, the Bussola Coimbra features a soft microsuede upper with rounded toe and a cushioned removable insole. This is a fairly new style for Bussola with no online reviews, but the company is known for designing foot-friendly shoes and boots with wide toe boxes. $84.95 at FootwearEtc.com with free shipping, $84.95 at Shoemall with special offers and free shipping, $84.95 at Amazon, $84.95 at Nordstrom, free shipping and returns.
- Middle photo, left: Fly London Yama. I read at least eight reviews stating this style by Fly London works for bunions with its round and somewhat wide toe box. The Yama features a 2 1/2″ rubber wedge heel with a 3/4″ platform. $136-245 at Amazon with free shipping, $199.95 at Nordstrom, free shipping and returns.
- Middle photo, right: Cobb Hill Bethany “army glam” boot. Available for a third season due to its popularity, the Cobb Hill Bethany now comes in gorgeous shades of teal and dark green plus neutrals like gray and stone. I own these in two colors and wear them straight through fall into winter. I love the secure fit of a lace-up boot, plus the Bethany’s wider toe box and soft leather accommodates my bunions well. The EVA foam cushioned and moderate arch support makes the Bethany a pleasure to wear all day. The textile sweater-like lining adds an extra layer of warmth. $160 at Zappos, $130-160 at Amazon, $159.95 at Shoebuy with special offers.
- Bottom photo, left: Cordani Mara. Cordani footwear is made for city walking–chic yet sturdy, keeping all-day comfort in mind. The curved line of the Mara’s sole provides a “rocker” effect which helps to propel the foot forward alleviating pressure on the forefoot (and bunions). $74-124 at 6pm.com, $225 at Nordstrom.
- Bottom photo, right: Clark’s Cloudsteppers Sillian Jetay: Cloud Steppers is a new line from Clark’s featuring OrthoLite® cushioned footbeds, textile uppers, soft fabric linings and lightweight EVA soles. Available in wide widths. $69 at Zappos.