Published on April 22nd, 2016 | by Kirsten Borrink6
Comfortable Heels for Spring
Do you have a special occasion to attend and nothing but a closet full of comfort shoes with rocker soles, sneakers and Birkenstocks but no comfortable heels? Can you manage a 2″-2.5″ heel for a short time? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Let me show you a few of my favorite dress-up heeled sandals and shoes that won’t leave you counting the seconds until you can kick them off.
- Sacha London Venice: I’m a huge fan of this brand and their platform heel, Vera. The Venice, however, features a wedge heel even lower than the Vera, measuring a mere 2 inches. Soft suede uppers and smooth leather linings won’t irritate sensitive feet. A memory foam cushioned footbed adds to this shoe’s comfort. The Sacha London Venice is available in brights, pastels and neutrals; whole and half sizes 6-10 for $139 at OnlineShoes.com.
- Franco Sarto Darlis and Shaker: Yes, the toe shape is pointed and normally I wouldn’t recommend a shoe like this. But from online reviews, I gather that the toe box doesn’t narrow drastically. The Darlis features a 2.5″ heel and super soft leather uppers except for the floral pattern shown above which is fabric. $89 at Zappos, $76-89 at Amazon. The Shaker is the flat version of this elegant shoe.
- Johnston & Murphy Tricia: Oh, how I love the look of this sculpted wedge sandal. And from online reviews, I hear it fits well and feels great on the foot. The footbed is cushioned with memory foam and the wedge heel measures 2.75″ with a .75″ platform. The Tricia ankle-strap comes in lovely spring colors in soft kid suede: pink, orange, red, light green and neutrals too: black and camel–whole and half sizes 6-10. Some sites say to order up, as it runs small. I would suggest this if your foot runs slightly wide. If not, order your true size. $198 at Zappos, $72-210 at Amazon, $188-198 at Nordstrom, $103-197 at OnlineShoes.com, $74.99 at 6pm.com (limited colors).
- L’Amour des Pieds Oraine: I’m thrilled to find this brand and share it with you if you haven’t heard of it. L’Amour des Pieds (The Love of Feet) footwear incorporates a patent-pending arch support that molds to the foot during the day, whether you have high or low arches. Interesting. And their shoes are just beautiful. The Oraine wedge peep-toe is one of my favorites. It has a 2 3/4″ heel with a 1/2″ platform, contoured footbed with arch support, with soft suede or leather uppers. Available in whole and half sizes 5.5-10, 11. The price is a bit steep, but look for sales on this brand at Nordstrom as they offer free shipping and returns. The Oraine is available in black leather and black, red, navy and cognac suede for $198.95 at Nordstrom.
- Hush Puppies Devynn Sisany: Doesn’t look like any Hush Puppy I’ve seen before! It reminds me of a shoe by boutique brand, Coclico (minus a few hundred bucks). When first researching the Devynn Sisany, I read that the heel measured under 3″, but according to the Hush Puppies site, it is exactly 3″. If you have an otherwise healthy foot and are looking for a comfortable, stylish heel, the Devynn Sisany might be perfect for you. I like that it’s available in wide widths and size 12. $99 at Zappos, $99 at HushPuppies.com, $99 at Amazon.
Honorable mention (shoes that didn’t fit into the photo, but are worth the mention): Hispanitas Cali low-heeled pump, Clarks Cala Dor low-heeled pump, Dansko Debby heeled sandal, Easy Spirit Rovana cross-strap heel in widths, Naot Vogue dress sandal.
Do you have a favorite pair of comfortable heels? Leave a comment and let us know!