Published on February 8th, 2017 | by Kirsten Borrink2
9 Stylish yet Comfortable Wedding Shoes and Sandals
Bride, bridesmaid, mother of the bride: no matter your role in the wedding, no matter your age, comfortable wedding shoes aren’t just a nice idea, they’re a requisite for truly enjoying your special day. No day in history has called on your feet to perform more…and look good doing it! Sure, you can grin-and-bear-it in sky-high Manolos, but why not go for a more natural smile while wearing a pair of one of these foot-friendly yet beautiful shoes.
1. Naturalizer Taimi: This strappy sandal comes in pure white leather and a few bedazzled options too. The Taimi features a 2 1/2″ heel and comes in extended sizes 4-12 and multiple widths, narrow to wide. Available at Naturalizer.com, Zappos, and Amazon.
2. Hotter Donna: This vintage-inspired heel is back again for spring in pastel shades and off-white. Even if you “don’t do heels,” I bet you’ll love the Donna. Ample heel and forefoot cushioning, a rounded toe and stable 2 1/4″ heel deliver all-day comfort–available in wide widths too. Available from Hotter.com (shoes ship from England and should be delivered within two weeks).
3. Clark’s Mayra Blossom: Did you know that Clark’s USA has a lovely collection of elegant, comfortable wedding shoes? I chose the Mayra Blossom peep-toe to feature, but you can choose among pumps, wedges and sandals of all heel heights. The Mayra blossom comes in nude nubuck with a delicate dot pattern and features an OrthoLite® footbed. The 3 3/4″ heel is high, but keep in mind there’s a 1/2″ platform. Available at ClarksUsa.com, and Nordstrom.
4. Pelle Moda Berlin: A favorite among Zappos and Nordstrom customers alike, the Pelle Moda Berlin scores five-stars for style and comfort. I noticed quite a few reviews from women with “problem feet” who found the Berlin a perfect fit–wider forefoot, narrower at the heel. Available at Zappos, 6pm.com, Nordstrom, and Amazon.
5. David Tate Prom: Do you have a hard-to-fit foot? This slingback by David Tate comes in sizes 4-13 and four widths! The airy mesh makes it a good option for a warm weather wedding (and provides a more forgiving fit for bunions and hammertoes). Available at Zappos, Amazon and Nordstrom.
6. Ecco Belleair Wedge: I didn’t find any feedback yet on this modern and sophisticated wedge by Ecco, but I wanted to feature it for its unique style as it stands out from the rest. Knowing Ecco to make a quality, well-fitting shoe, I think this 2 1/2″ wedge would be worth a try! Available at Zappos, and Amazon.
7. Adrianna Papell Lois Lace: So much beauty in a two-inch heel. While I wouldn’t recommend the Lois Lace for bunions or hammertoes since the toe is a bit pointy, normal feet should do fine. Available at Zappos and Nordstrom.
9. SAS Ava: You wouldn’t know from looking at the outside of this shoe, but it has all the comfort technologies: a last that follows the shape of the foot, removable contoured footbed with arch support, extra cushioning for ball of foot and heel and extra depth in the toe box. Handcrafted in Tuscany, Italy. Available at Zappos.
10. Update! I’m adding a new shoe. I just came across this modern keyhole loafer by L’Amour des Pieds at Nordstrom. If you plan on a casual wedding, this shoe would be perfect with pants! Plus this brand is made for comfort with cushioned footbeds and built-in arch support. Don’t let the semi-pointy toe turn you away. Give them a try. Nordstrom has great return policies.
Which shoe did I miss? Do you have a favorite wedding shoe that didn’t require a change into flats before the dance floor? Leave a comment and let us know!