Published on | by7
Rockport Cobb Hill Nicole Bootie Review
The Rockport Cobb Hill Nicole is a low-heeled bootie that’s been around the block (comes back season after season) and continues to receive 5-star reviews. For some of us, the chilly weather change means digging around for warm boots that aren’t for that foot of snow that will eventually arrive – we’ve got our heavy duty boots for that, right? But if you’re looking for an ankle boot that has a sole with traction for average wintry weather, the Rockport Cobb Hill Nicole is a really nice casual choice for everyday.
This is a bootie that’s perfect for leggings or straight legs jeans, and comes in four colors. I’ve been wearing the 7 1/2 narrow boot in the neutral Stone color. It went well with my black leggings, gray straight legs, and dark blue wash denim leggings. The Stone color leans more gray than brown, but I would definitely wear Stone with my new chocolate brown corduroy leggings. Although the Stone color is neutral, I think it coordinates well with a darker blue denim wash, versus a lighter wash. I wore them with regular black socks.
When I’m looking for narrow-sized footwear, I find a shoe or boot can sometimes be a bit too snug. While the Nicole really envelops the foot wonderfully, I did find it a big snug on my feet. However, I’m discovering the boot does loosen up comfortably a bit with wear.
Here are some things I really liked about the Nicole boot:
- They are warm and toasty! This was a huge plus about the boot. Slipper warm!
- Excellent cushioning along the bottom of the foot.
- Wonderful fit for a narrow heel and ankle combo. My feet did not slip out of the boot. Yay!
- The rubber sole was good on snowy or icy surfaces. Autumn and Winter beg for more “get around” security as weather conditions change. And the rubber sole is distressed a bit so it does not look orthopedic, if you know what I mean. Thank you Cobb Hill!
- Cute wrap-around detail (about 1”) starts at the inside zipper and follows around the back of the boot and ends on the outside of it with a neutral clasp. Nice.
- The top of the boot is shirred a bit to give it some interest.
Overall, this is a warm, cute option for cold, wet weather. Perfect for when you meet friends at a restaurant, dress business casual, or head out for wintry errands. It’s well made and comfortable and looks terrific with leggings and straight legs.
Cobb Hill Nicole – sizing and availability
The Rockort Cobb Hill Nicole is available in whole and half sizes 6-10, 11 in narrow, medium and wide widths. $119.95 at Zappos, free shipping and returns; $94-130 from Amazon with free shipping and returns; $124.95 from Nordstrom, free shipping and returns.
Reviewed by Melinda Schmidt
Do you have a pair of Cobb Hill shoes or boots? What do you like about them? Leave a comment and let us know! My personal favorite is the lace-up Bethany boot.