Published on | by12
5 Comfortable, Stylish Travel Sandals
Spring break is coming and I’m stay-cationing right here in Chicago most likely not wearing sandals. But some of you lucky duckies are flying south for some much needed Vitamin D. Put your feet in a good mood too while you stroll the promenade deck in one of these sweet styles for spring. We’ve reviewed over 200 models of comfortable sandals over the last 8 years. I love a durable, functional, supportive sandal that doesn’t look like a hover craft strapped to the foot.
1. Dansko Kami: Dansko keeps showing us they’re oh-so much more than clogs. From warm and comfy winter boots to snazzy platform wedges to sneakers, they’ve diversified their footwear collection over the past few years. And now a sports sandal! I like the simple lines and soft colors. The Kami features two adjustable straps, a dual-density EVA footbed with arch support, and a lightweight, flexible construction. Available for $29-85 at Amazon, free shipping and returns; $85 at Zappos, $84.95 at OnlineShoes.com, $85 at The Walking Company, free shipping. See the new Dansko Katy 2 thong sandal with equally supportive footbed and 5 star reviews.
2. Jambu Lunar: A contoured footbed atop a sturdy sole but topped with pretty, yet durable chevron-patterened nubuck and nylon straps. The Lunar is a new spring style by Jambu and it features a contoured, memory foam-cushioned footbed, deep heel cup, non-marking partially recycled rubber outsole and adjustable instep strap. $75-99 at Amazon, free shipping and returns; $39-66 at 6pm.com, free shipping and returns.
3. Alegria Verona: Not one, not two, but three adjustable straps (don’t miss the one around the back of the heel). Alegria footwear does it all: supports your arches, cushions your soles, rocks your foot gently forward through the stride and even accommodates orthotics (but you might not even need them). Fits a medium to wide width foot best. $98.95 at Zappos, $41-99 at Amazon, $99.99 at FootSmart.com, $98.95 at OnlineShoes.com.
4. Dr. Martens Balfour: Just what the doctor ordered! A sandal so hip that even Urban Outfitters carries it. The new Balfour Z-strap sandal by Dr.Martens is made of eco-friendly synthetic leather and webbing with a microfiber covered, contoured and cushioned footbed. It also comes in a fun neon pink. $60 at Zappos, $29.99-59 at Amazon, $39.99-59.99 at OnlineShoes.com, $47.99 at 6pm.com.
5. Teva Kayenta: Dare I describe a sport sandal as “dainty?” I think the Teva Kayenta comes close with its thin, gathered straps in pretty hues. While this style may not have the arch support of the Alegria or Dansko, it’s a more feminine alternative to Keen sandals. Read Megan’s excellent review at NotMartha.org. $34.95-80 at Amazon, $80 at Zappos, $80 at Teva.com, $55-64 at 6pm.com.