Published on | by21
L’Amour Des Pieds Shoes | Modern, Stylish, Oh-So Comfortable
There’s a new comfort-meets-style brand in the game, and we’ve got the scoop. L’Amour des Pieds (the love of feet) caught our attention last fall with gorgeous wedge styles in rich jewel-tones like the peep-toe Oraine and closed-toe Orva wedge, but their spring collection takes the cake! I am thrilled to review the L’Amour des Pieds Adelais platform wedge.
A bit about the brand…
L’Amour des Pieds entered the scene two years ago with a focus on cutting-edge style while incorporating a patent-pending adaptable memory foam arch support designed to expand and contract with the contours of your feet. Other comfort features include full sheep nappa lining added for breathability, and lightweight shock-absorbing EVA outsoles.
I reached out to the L’Amour des Pieds and they graciously sent me the Adelais platform sandal for review. I don’t consider myself a fashionista but when I wear my Adelais sandals, I’m about as close as I’ll get. It’s the perfect spring sandal for my problem feet for multiple reasons:
- The arch support is just the right amount for a fashion sandal–somewhere between the aggressive arch of Vionic and the little arch cookies (foam inserts) you might find in a Born sandal. It’s soft yet supportive and hits my arch at the right place, not too far forward or too far back.
- The rest of the footbed is fully cushioned with memory foam.
- The shape of the shoe fits the shape of my foot. The vamp covers the bunion area with soft nubuck leather–no pressure points, no irritation.
- The 1.5″ heel with .75″ platform provides height without the uncomfortable feeling of having my toes squished into the toe box. Plus, the thick EVA outsole works well with my hallux limitus (big toe arthritis), protecting my toe from bending too much causing pain.
- The straps don’t dig into my foot. They are secure but not tight. I hope they continue to keep their elasticity as that’s what keeps the shoe on–no buckles or velcro straps.
- The outsole is incredibly lightweight and gives me a little spring to my step. To keep the white sole looking bright, my friend and co-worker Beth recommends using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser sponge.
- The peep-toe is small enough to show just a little bit of big toe and second toe (even if they’re not quite spring-ready).
I chose the beige nubuck because it’s versatile and pairs nicely with this season’s blush and rose tones. I would recommend the L’Amour des Pieds Adelais for slightly narrow to medium widths. The Adelais is available in 5 colors, whole and half sizes 5.5-10,11 from lamourdespieds.com, Zappos, and Nordstrom with free shipping (I ordered a size 10 for my sometimes 9.5, often 10 medium width foot). Subscribe to their newsletter and receive 10% off your first full-price order!
I have to give a shout out to TJ Maxx for the rest of the outfit!
- Sleeveless dress by Philosophy: I just picked this up a few days ago so I’m sure it’s still on the rack at your TJ Maxx. It’s blush-beige with gray diagonal pattern. A similar dress can be found online.
- My clutch was only $10! It’s blush leather with fun cut-outs and studs. Find a similar one here.