Big feet aren't problem feet until they max out the size range for most women's shoe brands. Many companies stop at 10, some at 11 and most 12. While size 13 feet aren't common, they're certainly not rare and deserve fashionable options beyond Blundstone boots and Converse tennis shoes! Rejoice, feet of extended sizes, I've done the leg work for you. See what I've found.
Boots for big feet:
2. Elites Cimmaron: By Walking Cradles Elites, the Cimmaron ankle boot features Tiny Pillow TM technology (non-compacting open cell 5mm foam that maintains pliability and bounces back after compression), side-zip entry and a 1 1/2" stacked heel. Sizes 5.5-13, medium to extra wide widths. $205.95 at Shoebuy, free shipping and returns. $204.95 at OnlineShoes.com, free shipping and exchanges.
3. David Tate Walk: A removable, cushioned insole accommodates an orthotic. a steel shank provides stability. Sizes 6-13, four widths. $169.95 at FootSmart, $155.95 at OnlineShoes.com. Up to size 12 at Zappos for $170.
4. Blondo boots: Shoot a monkey, the one featured above is no longer available in a 13 at Zappos, but I found three more Blondo tall boots that are. All feature waterproof leather uppers, cushioned footbeds and come in widths. $134-224 at Zappos, free shipping both ways.
Flats for big feet:
1. Dansko Opal: This new style by Dansko comes in a Euro 43! While that may be too small for a true 13, it most likely will fit a 12 1/2. The footbed is provides good support but is removable to accommodate a personal insole. The black glitter leather is just sparkly enough to spruce up an outfit for the holidays. $145 at Zappos. $145.95 at FootSmart.
2. Ros Hommerson Octavia: With a 4mm Jumpec® cushioned footbed from heel to toe, this new studded style by Ros Hommerson comes in sizes 4-13, extra narrow to extra wide. $104.95 at OnlineShoes.com, $118.95 at Shoebuy.
3. Chocolat Blu Cam: I've featured this shoe before for its super soft leathers which won't aggravate bunions or hammertoes, but Barefoot Tess carries the Chocolate Blu Cam in sizes 11-14. $129, but you pay over $10 for shipping. Good news, Barefoot Tess (specializes in extended size shoes) ships internationally.
I'll be back tomorrow with more flats and heels for size 12 and up!